Shopify is a web-based eCommerce platform that allows you to sell your products online, and it’s free!
It has been used by over 100 million merchants around the world. Shopify is a great way to expand your business, but it is not always easy to do.
In general, building a brand is not always easy. There are a lot of small, intricate details that can help to improve your business a significant amount that not many people know about.
When it comes to Shopify, one of those details is favicons. In this article, we will discuss what a favicon is, how to use them on your Shopify site, how they help your business, and more!
What Are Favicons On Shopify?
A favicon is a small icon that usually appears on the top of your Shopify browser window, in your bookmarks. The size of a favicon should be around 16×16, and it should be a pixel image of your brand logo.
Why Should You Use Favicons On Shopify?
The main reason to use a favicon on your Spotify site is that it helps with branding!
Favicons make your website look more professional, but also give you an opportunity to add some personality to your website.
Using one will make your brand instantly recognizable to customers, especially if you have a lot of products or categories.
It also makes it easier for users to find your shop from other sites. This means they are more likely to return to your site.
A favicon is also a great way for customers to find any pages they have bookmarked in their archives.
How To Add A Favicon To Your Shopify Site
There are a few ways you can add a favicon to your store. Let’s take a look:
The First Option
The first way you can add a favicon to your Shopify site is simple. Most of the time, Shopify themes will have an option to add a favicon directly. To do this, all you need to do is follow these steps:
– Open the Theme Settings in your Shopify store.
– Find the “Add Favicon” option, it may read differently.
– Once you have completed this step, you can add go ahead and upload your icon. That’s all there is to it!
– If there is no option to upload your icon, then you can go to your settings and open the “online store” option.
– Once you have completed this step, go to “Themes”
– In your themes, click “Customize”
– Once you have done that, you should see an option called “Theme Settings”, go ahead and click it.
– Now, there should be a favicon icon that you can click.
– Once you have completed the above step, you should tap the button that says “Select Image”
– Now you can go ahead and upload your favicon. Don’t forget to save!
The Second Option
The second way to add a favicon to your Shopify store is to add the favicon directly to the code of the theme. This is also very simple. All you need to do is follow these steps:
– First, you need to make sure you have access to the Theme Editor. Once you know you have access to this, you can add the favicon to the theme code.
– Now, you need to open your settings
– Then, you need to follow this sequence. Go to your online store, and click the “Themes” option, then tap “Customize”, and then “Theme Settings”
– Here, you should see an option called “Theme Actions.” Click it.
– Click the button called “Edit code.”
– Once you have completed the step above, you need to scroll until you find a new button called “Assets” and click it.
– Now, there will be an option to add a new asset. Do that, and then upload the favicon.
That’s all there is to it! It is important to note that your favicons must be named with a specific extension. You can choose between:
Saving the favicon as a .png file helps to maintain the quality of the image. Saving the favicon as a .ico file, however, saves space because.ico files only require 2 bytes per pixel.
How Does Favicon Work For SEO?
When it comes to SEO, a favicon works just like any other page element. When a user visits your site, they will notice the favicon right away.
They will immediately recognize what the icon represents. Because of this, they are more likely to click on it.
This means that when users visit your website, they are more likely to click on your favicon than if they had not seen it before. This makes your favicon one of the most effective elements for improving your SEO.
What Size Should A Favicon Be?
There is no set rule about how big or small your favicon should be. However, a good rule of thumb is to keep them around 16×16 pixels.
This is a good size because it allows people to easily view the icon without having to zoom in on their browser window.
Does Shopify Offer Favicons?
Yes, Shopify offers favicons for free. In fact, Shopify has a favicon generator that will allow you to create one by adding an image.
The process for adding a favicon is exactly the same as explained earlier in this article.
How To Create An Excellent Custom Favicon?
To help improve the appearance of your favicon, you should use high-resolution images. If you don’t want to spend money on buying stock photos, you can always use Google Images.
There are many different ways to design a favicon, but here are some tips to get you started:
– Use colors that match your brand.
– Make sure that your favicon looks professional.
– Keep it clean and simple.
– Avoid using too much text.
– Don’t forget to include a link back to your homepage.
– Include a logo if you have one.
Favicons are a very useful tool in building your brand on Shopify. A favicon will help customers find your site with ease, as well as help them to recognize your brand.
Favicons can be added to your site with ease, provided you follow one of our two options for doing so!
However, you need to make sure you can follow the other important steps, like saving the favicon with a specific extension to help maintain the quality and making sure it is designed in a way that best represents your brand.
- Bluehost Vs HostGator: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022
- Bluehost Vs DreamHost: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022
- MidPhase Review: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022