Hosting24 is a web hosting company that was funded in 2008. In 178 nations, they offer services to 29 million subscribers.
Their website is jam-packed with helpful features, like a 99.9% uptime guarantee and a website builder, similar to many other web providers.
We installed WordPress on their lowest shared hosting plan. We then carefully tracked their uptime and speed, tested their customer assistance, and ran background checks in order to compile our findings into a fair and honest review.
If you have been researching Hosting24 to see if it was the right fit for you. Then, carry on reading this review to discover everything you need to know about this website hosting provider.
Hosting Overview And General Information
- Hosting Plans – Cloud, Email, Shared, Reseller, WordPress, and cPanel Hosting.
- Apps – Joomla, WordPress, Softaculous App Installer for the most popular apps, and many more.
- Price – Starting at $0.80 a month, which renews at $3.00 a month.
- Support – Email, Knowledge Base, Ticketing and Live Chat.
- Features – 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, One Website, One FTP User, 30 GB Disk Space, One MySQL Database, 100 GB Bandwidth, SSL Certificate, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee and more.
- Uptime – 99.96% (Between March 2022 to August 2022).
- Speed – 630 ms (Between March 2022 to August 2022).
- Site Transfer – Free.
Advantages From Using Hosting24
We are going to start with the good aspects from using and hosting a website through Hosting24. This is from our own experiences that we found, while using this platform.
1. Improved Security And Automated Backups
Hosting24 continues its supposedly customer-centric strategy by giving your site’s security additional attention.
To proactively defend your website, several of their hosting plans include ClamAV and Cloudflare DDOS Protection as standard features. Additionally, they provide email spamAssassin protection as well.
Moreover, they’ll do weekly backups. You would always have daily backups, in an ideal world.
It’s not a horrible bargain because they’re including it for free, when many other websites require you to pay extra. Further on in the article, we’ll go over these backups in further detail.
2. Various Sales And Deals
You might be able to snag an amazing offer if you time it properly. For instance, there was an 80% discount on web hosting plans at the time of this writing.
A brief glance at their Facebook Page shows a wide range of sales. Most of them are connected to particular holidays. This includes Christmas and New Year Sales and even 4th July sales.
These sales are usually really good value for money. As you can get a hold of one of their plans for a fraction of the price.
Yet, it is wise to remember that these deals are for a set period of time. Then, when the contract ends, the price will usually renew to the standard price.
3. Free Domains And Website Transfers
If your website is currently hosted somewhere else, Hosting24 will assist you with the transfer or migration. This is free of charge.
Although, it is important to note, that this service is also offered by other hosting platforms, so it isn’t a unique feature.
Additionally, the first year of your domain name will be free. However, only the higher tier plans, beginning with the Premium Web Hosting package, are subject to this.
Also, this only applies if you sign up annually.
Both of these are still great features if you are committed. It’s also better than being offered nothing.
4. Reliable Speeds
With regard to load times, Hosting24 did pretty well. Over a six-month period, they averaged 630 milliseconds. Not the worst we’ve experienced, but not the greatest either.
Take into account the fact that 74% of visitors will never return to your website if it takes longer than 5 seconds to load.
Thus, speed isn’t merely a problem of experience. In reality, it directly affects your conversion rates and drives a large number of site visitors away.
It goes without saying that one of the most crucial aspects of site speed is the speed of your hosting. If the structure is weak, there are only a limited number of things you can accomplish.
5. Excellent Uptime Rates
We had high hopes because the Hosting24 website boasts a 99.9%+ uptime rate. This is one of the first things you will come across on their website as you sign up.
Fortunately, Hosting24 honored its word and over the previous six months, delivered an average uptime of 99.96% with just under two hours of downtime.
Your site will always be up and running because their overall uptime ranged from 99.94% to 99.99%.
Below is the average uptime we found for our site through Hosting24:
- March 2022 – 99.94%
- April 2022 – 99.97%
- May 2022 – 99.96%
- June 2022 – 99.95%
- July 2022 – 99.99%
- August 2022 – 99.94%
6. Personalized Control Panel
The interface of Hosting24 is simple to navigate and excellent for new users. You may manage your hosting information, domains, servers, and account information from there.
Hosting24 utilizes the same custom control panel as Hostinger, which is referred to as hPanel. Although, if you don’t like it, you may switch to cPanel, since it is the most widely used control panel in the hosting sector.
Either way, both are really simple to use and can allow you to keep full control over your site.
7. Guarantee Uptime Of 99.9%
We always prefer it when hosts provide an uptime guarantee. By using their services, the host not only increases your confidence in them, but also establishes their dependability. All of Hosting24’s shared hosting plans come with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
You may wonder what this guarantee means for you. Well, you are entitled to a monthly hosting charge refund of 5% if your uptime for the month is less than 99.9%.
Thus, if Hosting24 does not meet the standards set out, you can get refunded for it, so you don’t lose out on any money by your site being down.
8. Money-Back Guarantees
For a full month, you can test out Hosting24’s services. You’ll receive a refund if you’re unsatisfied and decide not to work with them any longer. This money-back guarantee applies to all of their hosting plans.
There are some exclusions, though, and some things aren’t eligible for a refund, such as:
- Privacy Protection,
- Domain Name Renewals,
- Google Workspace Email,
- SEO Toolkit,
- Redemption Fees.
Additionally, transfers and new domain registrations are only fully refundable if done so within the initial 96 hours/four days of your registration.
Disadvantages From Using Hosting24
Now that we have covered the positives from using Hosting24. It is only right we take a look at some of their drawbacks as well.
1. Slow And Limited Customer Support
Email, tickets, the knowledge base, and live chat are the main methods of customer service provided by Hosting24. The latter, however, is only accessible if you have an account with them and are a registered user.
We used the live chat feature after logging into our client area. When we opened the chat window, the first thing we noticed was that the average response time was under an hour.
That was simply too long for a live chat. Especially as Hosting24 says on their website that the average response time will only be around 50 seconds.
We thus spoke with a chatbot rather than a customer service representative. The good news is that we received a prompt, informed response to our query, which was supported with a link.
However, you may have to wait for a while if you want to speak with an actual person.
If you don’t want to wait, then you should search their knowledge base instead. It is full of useful articles that may be able to solve your issue much quicker than waiting for a bot or person to speak to.
2. Limited Backups
On its website, Hosting24 proudly displays its backup function as a mark of honor. Unfortunately, based on our observations, it falls short of expectations.
This is because they only make backups once a week, to ensure that you always have a copy available for restoration in case of an emergency. These should ideally be performed daily.
They will remove your old backups when they perform their weekly backup. That’s not ideal because having many versions is always preferable for extra security.
Relying on only one backup could be problematic if any unforeseen issues or problems arise.
Finally, they won’t backup accounts that are larger than 2 GB. Additionally, 2BG isn’t that big either.
If your website has a lot of images, high-resolution photographs should be properly scaled, cropped, and compressed before uploading so that they don’t end up taking up more than 20 MB. You rapidly reach your maximum if you multiply that by 10 (or 100).
Overall, don’t fall for the marketing hoopla. It would probably be best if you manually backed up the website yourself.
3. Lower Prices Only Available For Longer Plans
The cheapest package from Hosting24 is only $0.80 per month. However, you can only join up for a period of 48 months at this price.
Be prepared to pay more if a short-term plan is what you desire. The good news is that, in comparison to other hosts we’ve studied, their shorter-term pricing is still rather reasonable.
Hosting24 Hosting Plans And Prices
Hosting24 has various hosting plans. Yet, below, we have put together a summary of some of their popular plans. Including prices and features that come with these plans.
- Price – $0.80 per month, then renews at $3.99 per month.
- Storage – 30 GB.
- Websites – 1.
- Email Accounts – Unlimited.
- Bandwidth – 100 GB.
- Other Features – NA.
- Price – $2.15 per month, then renews at $6.99 per month.
- Storage – 100 GB.
- Websites – 100.
- Email Accounts – Unlimited.
- Bandwidth – Unmetered.
- Other Features – Free Domain and 2x WordPress Optimized Speed.
- Price – $3.45 per month, then renews at $8.99 per month.
- Storage – 200 GB.
- Websites – 100.
- Email Accounts – Unlimited.
- Bandwidth – Unmetered.
- Other Features – Deluxe Live Support, Free Domain, Daily Backups, SSL Certificate, and 4x WordPress Optimized Speed.
Quick Facts About Hosting24
- Money Back – There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on particular services. However, not everything Hosting24 offers is subject to this guarantee.
- Hidden Clauses And Fees – Accounts containing well over 250,000 files or 1 GB of data in a single file may be terminated without prior warning to the account owner.
- Free Domain – You can obtain a free domain with Hosting24. However, this feature is only available for the Premium and Business Plans.
- Account Activation – Hosting24 uses Instant Activation, thus no waiting around.
- Signup Ease – The signing up process is extremely easy and simple. It takes a matter of minutes to complete.
- Payment Methods – PayPal or Credit Card.
- Installation of CMSs and Apps – All apps are installed using one click installation through Sofaculous.
- Upsells – SSL Certificate.
- Dashboard And cPanel Experience – The control panel is customizable, but there is the option to use the cPanel instead.
Conclusion: Do We Recommend Using Hosting24?
When it comes to Hosting24, it is a mixed bag, so the answer isn’t straight cut. You pay for the performance once you register for web hosting. Specifically, page loading speed and uptime.
The uptime of Hosting24 was consistent. Their website loads are quick but slightly average. That could provide a challenge when trying to make money from your website (as discussed earlier).
Also, their lowest prices, that draw you in, require a longer term commitment.
There are more reliable hosts available with reasonable prices, lightning-fast load speeds, and outstanding customer service.
As a result, Hosting24 isn’t a bad website, and you could use it easily and well. However, over time you may find a better host for your needs.
- Bluehost Vs HostGator: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022
- Bluehost Vs DreamHost: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022
- MidPhase Review: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022