If you are at all familiar with Bitly, you will be aware that it is a great way to shorten lengthy URL codes, and make them more readable, more convenient, and easier to incorporate into documents.
Bitly has been around for a while now, but if you have only recently started using the service, you’re probably finding it really useful.
You may have a few questions about the way that it works, though, and how best to utilize all of its features for your advantage.
In particular, you might be wondering whether Bitly gives you the ability to bulk shorten multiple links at the same time – for when you have a lot of links that you want to be more convenient and accessible!
Thankfully, you can bulk shorten links using the Bitly software, and we have compiled this easy tech guide, so that you can utilize this feature.
We’ll show you exactly what to do, step by step, so that you can get the most out of this tool. Read on to learn more about bulk shortening links.
How Does Bitly Work?
The first thing that you need to know is that when you use Bitly’s bulk shortening feature, you are actually creating shortened links in two different ways, the automatic method, and the manual method:
1) Bitly automatically creates a link code for each URL that you submit, which means that you don’t have to worry about doing any extra work.
This is great because it saves you time and effort. However, there is one downside to this method: It doesn’t allow you to create multiple shortened links at once.
2) The second option is to manually enter the bitly.com website, where you can choose from a range of options to create a shortened link.
Once you’ve done this, you can then copy the link code, and paste it into your document or e-mail message. This allows you to create as many shortened links as you like, and you can even add text to the end of the link.
So, if you’re looking to save yourself some time and effort, you should definitely go with the automatic method. But if you want to be able to create multiple shortened links, then manual entry is the way to go.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Bitly For Bulk Shrinking Links?
If you’ve ever used Bitly before, you’ll know that it’s an extremely powerful tool, and that it offers a number of benefits. Here are just a few of these benefits:
- It makes it very simple to share long URLs with people who aren’t necessarily web savvy.
- It helps you to cut down on data usage.
- It makes it much simpler to insert links into your own content.
- It allows you to track clicks on your shortened links.
- It makes it possible to monitor click rates, and see how effective your shortened links are.
- It enables you to easily embed links into social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- It also gives you the opportunity to track your overall traffic statistics, and measure the success of your campaigns.
- And finally, it lets you create custom shortened links for specific purposes, such as tracking your conversions.
So, if you’re thinking about using Bitly for bulk shortening links, then you’re going to find that it will help you to make your life easier, and to achieve a whole host of other goals.
How Do I Use Bitly For Bulk Shortening Links?
Now that you know everything there is to know about Bitly, it’s time to put all of that knowledge into practice. So, let’s take a look at how to use Bitly for bulk shorting links.
Step 1 – Sign Up For A Free Account
First things first, you need to sign up for a free account at bitly.com. You can do this by clicking here. If you already have an account, then you can skip straight to step 2.
Otherwise, you’ll need to fill out the form, and provide a valid email address. You’ll then be asked to confirm your email address, and you’ll receive a confirmation email shortly after.
Step 2 – Create Your First Shortened Link
Once you’ve signed up for a free account, you’ll be taken directly to the main page. Click on the ‘Create New Shortcut’ button, and you’ll be presented with the following screen:
This is where you can begin creating your first shortened link. Simply type in the URL that you wish to shorten, and select one of the available options.
Then, we’ll click on the ‘Add to list’ button, and we’ll be given the chance to edit our shortcut. We can change the title, description, and any other information that we’d like to include.
Then, when we’re happy with what we’ve created, we simply click on the ‘Save List’ button.
That’s it! Now we’ve got a new link that we can use whenever we want.
Step 3 – Bulk Shortening Links
Now that you are well acquainted with Bitly’s process for shrinking links, you can start to bulk shorten a large group of links with Bitly’s CSV bulk shortening software.
To embark on this process, the first thing that you will have to do is prepare a CSV file (which is a kind of delimited text file, which uses commas to separate values).
Then, upload this file to Bitly, which will be processed. Bitly will then email you with a second CSV file attached.
The Step-By-Step Guide to Shortening Bitly Links
If you want to shorten links in bulk using the Bitly website, you should:
- Log into the Bitly Website.
- Click the ‘Create’ button.
- Select the ‘Bulk Import Links’ option.
- Select the correct template link to download for your comma separated values file. This downloaded file should act as the template for all of your uploads.
- Note, all the column names that you have in your CSV file will become the names that Bitly uses to find the different sections of your URL. Keep the template column names the same as they are integral to the link shortening process!
- Copy all of your long links over into the template file.
- At this point, you can input a custom back half for your desired short links, but if you don’t desire this, then delete this column. Bitly will generate a totally random sequence of characters for your link back half.
- Save the file, and then select it to import to the Bitly user interface.
- Choose the domain that you are going to use for your new short links.
- Submit the file.
- Check for your new CSV in your inbox. It can take a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the overall size of your file.
- Click on the link that Bitly has sent through so that you can see all of your new shortened links.
In conclusion, there are many ways that you can shorten links using Bitly. This is the process for the most effective and efficient way to shorten links in bulk using the Bitly website.
We hope that this guide has helped you get to grips with the process of uploading links to shorten on mass in Bitly – though the process has many steps, it is easy to get to grips with when you have done it a few times – we promise!
- Bluehost Vs HostGator: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022
- Bluehost Vs DreamHost: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022
- MidPhase Review: Host Features, Reviews, And Test Results - October 7, 2022